Some of the most common elder law issues facing clients happen in crisis situations. Advanced planning and sitting down with an attorney can pave the way to make things slightly easier for your loved ones in a difficult situation, such as an immediate need for long-term care.
Having blind spots with regard to elder law leaves you and your loved ones exposed to problems in the future. Some of the most common elder law issues that clients are likely to face include:
- Questions about who will take care of you when you’re older
- Whether or not you have any provisions in place to pay for long-term care
- Whether you currently qualify for Medicaid or need to enact strategies to qualify as quickly as possible for Medicaid payments
- Asset protection planning to protect your nest egg
- Who becomes eligible to make medical decisions on your behalf if you’re unable to do so
- How to care for someone who suffers from mental incapacitation
The industry of elder law is always changing and shifting as society gets older and a bigger portion of the population is expected to need elder care. We can help you answer these difficult questions and chart out a plan to protect yourself and your loved ones now and in the future.
If you’re concerned about how to lay the foundation for asset protection planning, elder law, and estate planning, our Pasadena estate planning office is here to help you. Contact us today to schedule a meeting to discuss your unique concerns and to develop a plan.