An estate planning lawyer is a powerful sounding board and strategist who can help you select the right documents and tools to accomplish estate planning goals. Furthermore, establishing a relationship with an estate planning attorney gives you a partner to turn to when you have questions about changing laws or shifts in your personal life or financial situation.
The primary purpose of working with an estate planning attorney is to help you draft a plan that accomplishes your personal and financial objectives while also doing things, such as streamlining the passage of assets to your heirs and helping you achieve your personal and financial objectives. Here are some things an estate planning attorney can help you with in terms of planning;
- Employing tax planning strategies to help minimize estate tax impact after death.
- Helping you choose the right beneficiaries to receive assets, and the best way to pass these assets on
- Creating legal documents, such as trust or wills to determine how assets will be gifted to others.
- Helping you designate individuals to have power of attorney over medical decisions or financial decisions.
- Creating legal strategies that protect a client’s assets from exposure to creditors.
Working with the right estate planning attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your plan and in the confidence you feel towards your future.
Talk to our Pasadena, CA estate planning lawyers your next steps.